September may still be a few months off, but our early registration deadline is coming up in just one month on Friday, June 30th. If that date looks odd, it is…due to an email database error, a number of prior participants in Pedal 4A Purpose did not receive notice of the deadline, so in all fairness to them, the early registration deadline has been moved to June 30th. So if you would like to get a date on your calendar to help motivate some training and save a few bucks in the process, I encourage you to think about registering now before the registration fee goes up on July 1st (from $30 to $35 per individual and from $70 to $80 per family of 3 or more).
Details regarding this year’s Pedal 4A Purpose are provided below and on the event website – www.pedal4apurpose.com
In addition to being an important part of ROP’s annual fundraising efforts, Pedal 4A Purpose…
- Provides a great opportunity for bike riders of all abilities to enjoy a supported ride with family and friends. It offers rides from as short as you like (5.5 miles to first aid station) to as long as 63 miles (with 4,522 feet of total elevation gain).
- Provides a great venue at Bear Creek Church and food provided by Chick-fil-A.
- Offers supporting churches and other nonprofits an opportunity to partner with ROP and share the funds raised by their teams up to 80/20 with ROP. (Youth groups and short-term mission teams please take note.)
- Offers a lot of great prizes for top fund-raisers and all participants. Our grand prize again this year is a $1,000 gift certificate from Schwab Cycles. Last year, all of our riders received a prize!
Please also note there are three significant new things about Pedal 4A Purpose 2017
- New Time – Pedal 4A Purpose 2017 has been moved from early June to Saturday, September 23rd. This timing works better for us and we hope it will work better for our riders as well with less competition from other events and the likelihood (no guarantees) of better weather.
- New Start/Stop Location – Our base of operations has moved from Denver Seminary to Bear Creek Church (3101 S. Kipling St., Lakewood). While the start-stop has changed, the Main Loop and Deer Creek Challenge Loop remain the same, sort of. The Main Loop will run the opposite direction (clockwise) and an additional restop has been added.
- New Run/Walk Course – The move to Bear Creek Church allows us to add a run-walk option for those that prefer “pedding” (staying on their feet) to pedaling. Click here to checkout the run/walk course. (Nothwithstanding this addition, we are not changing the name of our event :-).
To register, donate or simply learn more about this fun event, click on this link.
Hope you can join us on September 23rd, have some fun and partner with us in meeting the real needs of a lot of under-privileged people.