For the second year in a row, Pedal 4A Purpose will be held on the third Saturday of September – September 22nd. September may still be a few months off, but our early registration deadline is coming up in just 5 weeks on June 30th. So if you would like to get a date on your calendar to help motivate some training and save a few bucks in the process, I encourage you to think about registering now or at least before the registration fee goes up on July 1st (from $30 to $35 per individual and from $70 to $80 per family of 3 or more).
Pedal 4A Purpose is an important part of ROP’s annual fundraising efforts. Last year, P4AP raised more the $21k in support of ROP and our partnering nonprofits, and this year our goal is $30k. But Pedal 4A Purpose is also much more…
- P4AP provides a great opportunity for bike riders of all abilities to enjoy a supported ride with family and friends. It offers rides from as short as you like (5.5 miles to first aid station) to as long as 63 miles (with 4,522 feet of total elevation gain).
- P4AP also offers a run/walk alternative along the beautiful Bear Creek Green Belt for those who prefer “pedding” to pedaling.
- P4AP provides a yummy Chick-fil-A lunch and a great venue at The Bridge Church at Bear Creek (same location as last year 3101 S. Kipling St. – Name change only).
- P4AP offers supporting churches and other nonprofits an opportunity to partner with ROP and share the funds raised by their teams up to 80/20 with ROP. (Youth groups and short-term mission teams please take note.)
- Finally, P4AP offers a lot of great prizes for top fund-raisers and all participants. Our grand prize again this year is a $1,000 gift certificate from Schwab Cycles. Last year, all of our riders received a prize!
To register, donate or simply learn more about this fun event, click on this link.
Hope you can join us on September 22nd, have some fun and partner with us in meeting the real needs of a lot of under-privileged people.